Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Saturday, October 1, 2011

Daisy Butt

I kind of forgot how much fun it is to knit baby soakers.  Now that I have knit so many of them, I'm having fun experimenting a little.  The fact that I get to experiment for a little girl is just an added bonus.  Here's a recent one.
It's just my basic soaker pattern that I've developed over time, but it's very similar to the Snapdragon Soaker.  A free pattern on Ravelry.  I just thought it would be cute to add the daisy on the bum.  I duplicate stitched it and then embroidered a chain around the petals and the center.
It looks cute without the added embroidery, but I think it just gives it a little extra definition. After I finished, I thought that the front looked a little plain so I added a couple of daisies to it.
These are just simple lazy daisy stitches (what else would you use on a daisy soaker?), with french knots in the center.
I used Cascade 220 for the body of the soaker.  These pictures are a little dark, but actually, it's a lighter teal.  If you'd like to make your own daisy/flower butt, I've placed a pdf in the sidebar or you can just click here.  Flower Power!

No comments: