Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

OMG!!

I'm sick. Really, really sick. My computer is barely on life support. Apparently it has become infected with some virus and I can't access anything. For that matter, I can't even get past the log in screen! All I have is this old little laptop that doesn't want to work all the time. All my patterns and all my pictures are possibly gone! This includes the three patterns I said I would do for the KALs, the seven brand new patterns that I just created for the 2011 Dishcloth Calendar, and all the brand new patterns that I did just for fun to post for you. My son tells me that there is still hope of retrieving the data and saving the computer, but I won't know until he drives up from Rhode Island this weekend. In the meantime, I'm praying that everything will work out. If you'd like to pray with me, I'll take all the help I can get!!

Elaine (nice name!) left me a comment on my last post about the orange mitts that I made for my niece. I didn't have a pattern, but I'll write it down and post it as soon as I can, assuming that this computer will let me.

A word of advice, if your son tells you to back up your documents, do it.

6 comments:

oylenshpeegul said...

Oh, no! That's terrible!

Aussie Maria said...

My fingers are crossed for you. I am just off to back-up just in case

anncrafts said...

Oh, I'm so sorry - computer problems are terrible. Computers are wonderful when they work but oh, so vexing when they don't.

susanmark said...

HI Elaine,
Going to say a prayer for you.
HUGSS
Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm praying along with you. Your patterns are wonderfull. I've been a busy little bee with all the bibs. Teenagers are able to fix things we can't imagine. Good luck.

LDSVenus said...

I hope he's able to fix it, generally, techy types can go into dos and get into the computer. Do you have virus protection? I'd be lost without mine too. :(

I see you have been busy knitting hats and mitts, they are all so wonderful! I especially love the spiral mitts you made, and the colors of the yarn. Beautiful!!