Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stegosaurus!

As promised, here is the new dinosaur bib. I drew it the same time as the other one, but I wasn't too happy with the design, but I went back and tweaked it a little. I'm fairly confident that this really is a stegosaurus, but I guess I should run it by two-year old Mickey. He corrected me the last time, so who knows! The directions are in a pdf. My brilliant son (well, actually I have two brilliant sons) helped me set up the file. I just hope the link works. As long as I don't lose the paper with the directions, I think I'll be able to transfer all the patterns to pdfs...eventually! Anyway, here's a picture of the front. It's knit out of Cascade 220 Superwash wool.


And the reverse side:


Here's a picture of the finished Noro Kureyon soaker, nestled amongst the geraniums for my flower boxes! I sure hope this soaker softens up, because it feels pretty rough right now, but I love the colors! The pattern is Curly Purly. It's a very easy knit and I've made it a few times. It does have lots and lots of ribbing, but it goes quickly. The pattern doesn't call for a drawstring, but if it starts to stretch out, it will be easy to just weave one in, provided I can remember where I put the leftover yarn!

5 comments:

susanmark said...

HI I LOVE Steggie!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved Dinosaurs even after my ds's stopped being into them.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ANOTHER GREAT PATTERN.

HUGS
Susan

Kathy... said...

My experience with Noro is that it softens considerably with repeated washings. Hope that happens.... Lovely none the less.

Peggy said...

I just wanted to say that I absolutely adore your washclothes and bibs!!! :D

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Iam knitting the Steggie bib for a virtual baby shower for katiebell on ravelry and I love it your bibs are the neatest bibs I have ever seen Thankyou for sharing your patterns:)Hugs Darcy

Marion said...

Where do I get the pattern? Just what I was looking for.